YIELD 4 servings
ACTIVE TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME45 minutes
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar (Note can substitute Coconut Sugar for Kickstart or Lifestyle or Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning for Performance Level)
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 acorn or delicata squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/4" half moons
• 1 fennel bulb (about 1/2 pound), cut in half lengthwise, sliced into 1/4" wedges with core intact
• 1/2 pound seedless red grapes (about 1 cup)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
• 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
1. Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 425°F. Mix brown sugar, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a small bowl. Toss squash, fennel, and grapes with oil and half of spice mixture on rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer.
2. Rub chicken thighs with remaining spice mixture and arrange, skin side up, on top of fruit and vegetables. Roast until skin is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of chicken registers 165°F, about 35 minutes; if chicken skin or vegetables start to burn, move pan to a lower rack to finish cooking.
3. Divide chicken, fruit, and vegetables among 4 plates and top with mint.
Submitted by Anne Florenzano